; Tin Can Canoe: A Closet Philatelic...

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Closet Philatelic...

Alrighty... so here's a little known fact about me -- I'm a closet philatelic and am completely and totally fascinated by postage stamps and postmarks. I especially love cancelled postage stamps -- which of course cleverly combines both of my heartfelt interests.

Just look at me... I'm all a quiver over these totally Awesome Poe stamps!!

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
"'Tis some visitor," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door-Only this, and nothing more."
.... excerpt from The Raven ....

Oooohhh.... I can only hope that tapping is my letter carrier at the door with my E.A.P. stamps in hand.
I'm as giddy as a school girl... and probably just as lame. But damn it all anyhow --

Stamps Rule You Fool.

No comments: