; Tin Can Canoe: Name That Tune...

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Name That Tune...

Okay... so I totally stole this concept from my pal Tam... It's a fabulously hip idea and right up my alley. Feel free to play along… if you dare.


I double Double Dog Dare Ya... Oh Come on Already. Be a Sport.

How to Play...
Step 1: Put your music player on shuffle.
Step 2: Post the first line from the first 25 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing
(I've probably got the 1st and 2nd lines down for some of mine)
Step 3: Strike through the songs when someone guesses both artist and track correctly.
Step 4: Looking them up on Google or ANY other search engine is CHEATING!
*** NOTE: Cheaters Never Prosper ***
Step 5: If you like the game, post your own.
Step 6: Eat some clementines, turn some tricks.

1) What's the matter with you... You've been down all day

2) I believe in... I deceive in... Bottom weaving... I can breathe in... Make a wish in... Flower fishin'

3) I gotta belly full O' you... 'N that Leavenworth stuff...

4) I've been wrapped up in confusion... I've been tied down to my bed...

5) Back in high school I knew a girl... not so simple and not too kind...

6) I want a girl with a mind like a diamond... I want a girl who knows what's best...

7) I'd like to help you doctor... yes - I really, really would... but the din in my head is too much and it's no good

8) Something's wrong cause my mind is fading and everywhere I look there's a dead end waiting

9) My heart is empty... your eyes are dull

10) Trouble... Oooh trouble set me free. I have your seen your face and it's too much, too much for me...

11) You could call me a car lover... cause I love it in a motor...

12) The sun burned hot... it burned my eyes... burned so hot I thought I'd died

13) Hey! Been tryin' to meetchyou... mmmmm.... hey, must be a devil between us or whores in my head

14) I'm thinkin' it's a sign... That the freckles in our eyes...

15) I hear the train a comin'... it's rollin' around the bend (Tam: Folsom Prison Blues - Johnny Cash)

16) I don't know which way I should turn... I'm too afraid of getting burned

17) Gimme back my broken night... my mirrored room... my secret life... it's lonely here... there's no one left to torture...

18) Iyiiyii... I'm so in love with you... whatever you want to do

19) Wish enough, wise man'll tell you a lie... Window broke, torn up screens

20) You're keeping in step... In the line... Got your chin held high and you feel just fine

21) If you can play a fiddle... How's about a British jig and reel?

22) Are you gonna take me home tonight.... Ahhh down beside that red firelight
(Tam: Fat Bottom Girls - Queen)

23) Easy places to get away to... Easy limbs languid all around you

24) Baby don't you drive around with Dr. Bernice... She's not a lady doctor at all...

25) It happens in the smallest ways... it happens all the time

3 comments:

Jackie said...

I would love to do this but despite all my technical skills(!) I have no idea how to download music. Do you pay for it? I don't have a 'music player' except there must be one on my laptop. And maybe my phone?

Tokenhippygirl said...

#15 Folsom Prison Blues, Johnny Cash

#22 Fat Bottom Girls, Queen

Tokenhippygirl said...

That's all I got for now babycakes... maybe I should take a gander in the mornin' hours, before the days duties have sucked all my mental capacity bye bye. :-)