; Tin Can Canoe: Getting Organized...or at Least Trying

Monday, May 19, 2008

Getting Organized...or at Least Trying

I'm realizing as I sit here that my husband got here 9 months ago and that I've been here for 7. Seven whole months, I'm scratching my head - just what on earth have I been doing with my time?! In the past 17 years we've moved NINE times, I'm a pro at this...or at least so I thought. Your rankings must fall dramatically when you've got a two year old under foot, least ways for me. I'm pretty pokey at it normally - taking a good 2 to 3 months to get settled in. I've got about 85 maybe even 90 percent of household goods done. But my poor studio....less than 40. I'm moving from a Two room studio into one - save the quilting machine, which is in the room right next door - in the office. It's difficult...or maybe I just have too much stuff? Nah, it's not even possible is it? I think not. It's even worse to try to work on something and find that all the pieces aren't together...still haven't come across the knee lift for my sewing machine...or the motor and crank for my pasta machine (for polymer work). It's frustrating. Darling Husband did help put some shelves up, up, up...our ceilings are 10 feet tall, so now I'll require a ladder.


This side is filling up nicely...

and now I'll get going on these. Another challenge of this room - I have 2 amazing 7-8 foot windows to work around. Cuts down on how I can actually set up my work stations but the light is wonderful and something I'll happily factor in!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I've enjoyed looking at yours. How would you feel about being tagged?These are the rules;
The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.