; Tin Can Canoe: Procrastination Crossroads...

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Procrastination Crossroads...

Sometimes it's just so difficult to find some free time for crafty endeavors these days. I know, I know... you've noticed. There are so many diverting things to fill up all that quickly passing time... Mister H, Blogs, My new Camera, Baking, (not so fun) House Chores, Mommy Duties, Pet Detail, Gardening... Yeah, you get the idea. Your days are probably a whole lot like mine. Doing what you can to squeeze a few more moments for yourself out of each day. If not because of your kids, then because of your job or other responsibilities.

I stayed up late the last few nights - which I love to do. I'm a total night owl and am much more creative after 10pm... it's certainly a heckuvalot harder to do with a Two year old around. Those mornings come all too soon the older I get. Anyhow, I've recently been ogling some really fun fat quarters I've had for ages now, and decided to start cutting them up. They're all woven plaids in glorious sherbet like colors. Although they're Silkies, which make them a bit more difficult to work with, I think they're worth the extra effort. I decided to work up a variation of the Purina Dog Chow logo - the block's got a name, but it eludes me at the moment. Anyhow, this is a very fun variation and goes together pretty quickly. I Managed to get all the hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of pieces cut (Seriously! It totally felt like that many) and got started on the chain stitching... then the blahs began to overwhelm me. How boring. Sigh, Big Sigh. How many more of these are there? A thousand? I really hate doing the same task over & over again. Repetition isn't such a good thing for me, I don't much enjoy it. Ugh. Shamefully, after getting about 8 blocks completed I ran out of steam altogether.

So now I'm at the all too familiar procrastination cross roads... What to do, what to do. The plan was for a lap quilt. But ghads, we have sooooo very many quilts (I *love* quilts, I make too many quilts) - so that's not proving to be much motivation. Here I sit... 8 blocks down, lots more of them in fragments. Looks like I'll be thinking on this for a bit.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you only have one blahzay project going you're very lucky! LOL