; Tin Can Canoe: Mix Tapes Rule!

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Mix Tapes Rule!

My sad story goes like this... MY IPOD WAS STOLEN. Not just any old Ipod mind you - my 60g - containing my entire music collection... I'd say roughly in the neighborhood of 18,000 songs. Dang! Super Dang! I'm pretty sure the world has ended. STOLEN I tell you - snatched right out of my own glove box, right out of the car that was sitting in MY driveway. Talk about MAJOR, major bummer... I tear up just thinking about it. Pass the tissues...

While trying to help calm my nerves I discovered the most Bitchin' of sites... Mixwit, quite possibly the coolest thing on net right now -- they might not have everything, but it's a helluva good start & don't fall off your chair - it's Free! What could be better (besides my beloved Ipod), I know you're thinking pod casts and the such - but they're so generic. Retro is Rad homies. 'Memba Mix Tapes? I must have made about a gazillion of these in my youth... later they became Mix Discs... until finally my Ipod Shuffle.... Oh the pain! The Agony! Sob, sob, sob...

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh I'm so sorry about your ipod. That must be awful, quite apart from the loss of all your music, the fact that you've been robbed is hard to come to terms with.
I know.
Hugs.

Anonymous said...

I love how crazy and varied your taste in music is. You need to burn me a new mix disc, BTW :)